Friday, May 2, 2008

Tuesday, 3AM






Tuesday 3:00 a.m.,
Once again I'm wide awake.
Waiting for time to mend this part of me that keeps on breaking.

Newpapers I threw away, washed the dishes in the sink.
3 a.m. on Tuesday, I have too much time to think.

And I could call up to heaven, or I could crawl down to hell,
Nothing will change the way things are and nothing ever will.


He thinks I can't hear him cry and I pretend that I don't know, or
about all the 3 a.m.'s he spends wrestling with your ghost.

I hear him call out to heaven, I watch him crawl down to hell,
He still can't get over you, I know he never will.

Nothing he says will bring you back,
He's got nothing left to show
But a pocket watch and memories of a kiss out in the snow.

And I hear him call out to heaven, I watch him crawl down to hell.
He still can't get over you, I know he never will.



This is a song that resonates with me ever since the first time I heard it.. I was so happy to stumble on the full video of it.. even if the song past the intro is watermarked and a little "tin microphone" sounding... its still a great song..

2 comments:

Girlflame said...

What a haunting melody. I love Rebekah!

Bad_Girls_Lament said...

I've been thinking of posting some of her other stuff.. she was the writer behind Kelly Clarkson's "Beautiful Disaster"