Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Duffy's New Video Premier

I can't believe that this just premiered in the UK and its already on youtube, but checking I see this was done by her record label Polydor. This is the new single by Duffy "Warwick Avenue" I love the video.. very stripped down and simple. I think they could have done more with it sure... but I don't think they needed to... I would have liked a few more "pan out" shots... but hey I love it regardless.... for your viewing pleasure folks.. a direct embeded link




2 comments:

Girlflame said...

I'm liking it more and more. The song is so amazing all by itself, it didn't need much embellishment in video.

Danyelle said...

Polydor suddenly disabled embedding on your youtube vid.... I guess they figured it has been 'seeded' enough. I had the same prob posting the vid on my blog, but there are lots of versions on youtube now so no prob ot update the code... :-)

As for me I think the video was a bit too simple. But hey, the song doesn't need anything at all what with Duffy's vocals...

I thought Duffy was a bit rough at Coachella to be honest (missed quite a few notes frankly) but I think that is just the heat maybe as she has certainly shown before that she can definitely sing, and she did a fab version of Tainted Love on Jools Holland Radio show last night. It was spot on.