Tuesday, March 4, 2008

...cause it's too hard to walk away.

Mad Marge and the Stonecutters... there's a short story of how I was introduced to this band. I was clicking around seeing the updates on my friends profiles and I noticed my girl Sarah had this really really amazing song on her profile called "Shake" and it really really bitch slapped me and made me listen to it.. and when music does that I know its good. The band has a really unique rock sound with lots of 'slap-bass' and heavy guitars and pulsating drums the vocals are just out of this world, often comapared to Gwen Stefani you can see "Mad Marge's" vocal similarities.. but she's SOOO much better and on key than anything Gwens' ever done (and she does it without mic enhancements!). Their band name comes from a bunch of "Simpsons" episodes and only adds to the quirky awesome nature of this band. Check them out, the album is a delayed release called LIBERATED! and is hands down the best rock album to be released in all of 2007.




::Download Liberated by Mad Marge & the Stonecutters::

No comments: